Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fancy that

My sister cooks fancy.  There are courses to her meals, many steps to her recipes and a grand tradition of delicious holiday (or weeknight) dinners.

If I were to have a cooking philosophy it would roughly translate to "get 'er done".  No frills, lots of repeats.

Sometimes on weekends I put forth extra effort - try something new.  And on this Saturday, I think I found something that would even impress my sister, while still being relatively low maintenance.

This one's for you, sister:

Cabbage and Onion Torta - I followed the recipe pretty exactly, except I used white wine vinegar (I didn't have cider vinegar) and no ham, of course.

The finished product - It's as big as my sheet pan! 

I served it with salad - these slices were about 1/8 of the torta


No comments:

Post a Comment