Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day is hard y'all!

I arrived at work to a plethora of non-vegan temptations, ranging from well intentioned gifts:


To the gooey and nostalgic joy of rice krispie treats:


And most difficult of all to forgo (My masochistic Valentine's Day gift to Kevin):


But the hardest part of all was also the sweetest (both literally and figuratively).  One of my bosses brought in desserts to celebrate the folks on our team with winter birthdays and went out of her way to ensure vegan offerings. And she is not one to do things halfway:


Vegan apple pie, vegan blueberry bread and that empty plate there had 6 different varieties of vegan donuts, that I devoured with unladylike abandon.  Ooops!

I had to work late so we're grabbing take out tonight (a salad for me, thanks!) but when I recover from my sugar coma I'm totally making vegan rice krispie treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment