Friday, March 29, 2013

The runaround

I feel like I've been moving non-stop since last I posted, with travel, work, and extracurriculars.  I've been busy devoting myself to marathon training (5 weeks out, now!) which generally involves running, eating ravenously and being tired a lot of the time, so I haven't updated the blog in a while. But let me take a moment for a quick photos recap:

I went to Boston at the end of last week.  It was a last minute work trip and very short, but I did manage to see a tiny corner of the city:

Walking the two blocks from the Back Bay train station to my hotel after returning from a conference at Holy Cross in Worcester (which is not pronounced at all how it looks).

And came down with a nasty case of food poisoning, just in time for the cross country return trip. Let's just say throwing up in an airplane bathroom is tops on my never again list.

Back home this week I had some yummy dinners and other food, for example, I discovered that Whole Foods carries this amazing local sorbet brand, Scream Sorbet:


We had Broccoli and Celery Soup on Sunday.  I can go either way on pureed soups.  Sometimes they're too thick and remind me of baby food, but this one was just the right consistency:


Tuesday was Seitan with mushrooms and spinach from Veganomicon (too lazy to type up the recipe, but it's pretty good, and you should buy that cookbook already!):


Kevin went to a joint bachelor/bachelorette party for his co-worker and her fiance on Thursday, so I made my go-to "home alone" dinner - baked sweet potato, sauteed greens and Trader Joe's vegetarian chili:


Oh, and I ran a bit. 18 miles so far during the week, and I'm gearing up for a 20-miler in the morning, hoping to be done before the rain is forecasted to start at 10am.

For my weekday runs I start around 7, so that I can do 5 or 8 miles before work. I do love the perspective and feeling of accomplishment a morning run can give; and even though I run the same handful of courses, I appreciate moments when something you've seen a million times takes you completely by surprise, like the freshly planted tulips and daffodils in this little park by the ocean:


Happy weekend, and happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment