Thursday, March 21, 2013

The A Type

I don't mind a little clutter. Papers on the counter, clothes on the bedroom floor - no big deal to this girl. But there are a few things I go full-blown type A over, including loading the dishwasher, packing for trips, and really anything involving airports.

I have this irrational fear of starving to death on an airplane. I travel a fair amount for work, usually across at least a couple time zones, which tends to mean either flight times and meal times overlap or meals are lost in the time change. And sitting in one place for very long makes me majorly snack-y.  So the hunger and stress and fear of missing a meal combine and magnify one another.

The vegan thing has made planning ahead more imperative, since there aren't always many vegan options at the airport, and often consist of french fries and/or chips.  For example, today I'm flying from San Francisco to Boston (about 5 1/2 hour flight) so I packed a few snacks (Yes, I'm that obnoxious seat mate who pulls a seemingly endless amount of food out of her carry on.):

Kale salad with radishes and baked tofu, carrot sticks, almond butter and raspberry preserves (ab&j) sandwich, crackers, cashews, dark chocolate.  Ok.  Maybe I went overboard.

Yes, I'm an evil waster of baggies.

I also had my return flight and snacks while in Boston in mind, so I stashed some additional snacks in my roller bag:

More crackers and cashews, plus oranges and an energy bar.

So now I'm sitting around the airport waiting for my flight (why yes, I did get through security more than an hour before my plane starts boarding) thinking I should probably find somewhere to get more snacks.  And eating my ab&j sandwich... all this sitting made me hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment