Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mawige is what bwings us togevah today

Ben Affleck wasn't lying, y'all!  Marriage can be hard sometimes.  You won't always like the same shows or foods, or amount of clutter.  There will be life stress like moving or work or a death in the family that stretch and test and transform your bond. Sometimes you won't know where to go or what to do next. But marriage is so perfect because you have an automatic best friend and you can make decisions and tackle obstacles together. There are also inside jokes, kissing, adventures, and above all - love.

I'm so glad I've spent the past 5 years working and playing with my favorite friend.  I'm excited to see where our adventures take us in the next 5 or 50 years.

Our first "date", at a pub in London.  We were watching World Cup
soccer and commenting on how early we started drinking. 

Our second (or maybe third?) date in Florence. Kevin had just
found out he got a job at Ford and he took Ketti and I to dinner.

My 21st birthday, the first fall we dated. (I just kept trying to make side bangs work!)

Our first trip to SF, Christmas 2006

Backpacking in the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Then we got engaged!!

And married!

And we just kept kissing.  Even when it was raining!

We ran our first marathon... and then 3 more!

We went hiking in Kauai

We went to Japan!

We went to Disneyland for Kevin's 30th birthday!

But it wasn't all fun and games... we also spent some time laying on the couch.
What can I say?  We make a pretty awesome team!

No comments:

Post a Comment