Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Juice Cleanse, Day 2

It's day 2 of my cleanse and day 3 of dog sitting.  I could get used to this:


Not so much the juice:



Juice 1: Dynamo (Cucumber, Celery, Spinach, Kale, Parsley, Dandelion Greens, Lemon)

I decided that dandelion greens in and of themselves are not my enemy.  It's when they're paired with burdock root that they become overwhelmingly bitter.  So as opposed to yesterday's juice number 1, today's seemed pretty neutral.  



Juice 2: Refresh (Ionized Water, Lemon, Chlorophyl)

Chlorophyl? More like bore-a-phyl! (6th grade me has been waiting all day for that one).  Actually, aside from the bizarre color from the chlorophyl, this was one of the more "normal" juices.  As in it was basically lemonade.  Darn good lemonade. Without any turmeric.  In fact, I set a record so far, finishing it in 30 minutes!


Juice 3: Clear (Cucumber, Celery, Spinach, Parsley, Burdock Root, Lemon)

By the time I got to juice number 3 I was thinking today would be easy.  Most green juices seem essentially the same - not too exciting, not terrible, just with slightly differing levels of bitter or sweet.  This one was middle of the road.


Juice 4: Soothe (Cucumber, Celery, Spinach, Parsley, Lemon, Apple, Ginger)

Oh wow. So so much ginger. Scratch what I said before about green juice.  This one was downright overwhelming.  I was able to finish most of it, but it was really intense.


Juice 5: Ensalada (Cucumber, Celery, Spinach, Kale, Parsley, Carrot, Yam, Lettuce)

Yams again?? Seriously?  Although I think the carrot might be worse.  I like carrots in general, but not in preparations that are overly sweet.  And juicing seems to concentrate the sweetness.  I drank as much as I could, but may have to pawn the rest off on my friend Kate who's house sitting with me while Kevin's out of town.



Juice 6: Glow (Cucumber, Celery, Spinach, Parsley, Lemon, Algae)

Another fairly inoffensive green juice. Just having trouble drinking anything more.  Since I skipped most of juice number 5, and the green cleanse was fairly low in calories, I decided to go off script and have some avocado with lemon juice, just to get something else in my stomach.

All things considered, I made it through day 2 ok, and on to day 3, which will look a lot like day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment