Wednesday, July 24, 2013

We are family (I got all my sista(s) with me)

To all my loyal readers who were waiting with bated breath, I did not (quite) suffer death by juice cleanse, I just didn't cover day 3 because it was a bit anti-climatic. And then I went to Iowa for Lisa's marriage reception.  It was 4 lovely (if a bit more humid than I'm accustomed to) days in the country:

The farm view from the porch of our cabin.  What a life!

If you ever find yourself in Clarinda, Iowa without a place to stay,
Iowa Country Cabins are AMAZING!

Picking ditch flowers for the reception bouquets!

visiting family:

Ma, Pa (before the unfortunate cigars and whiskey incident),
Lisa, Mark, Kevin and I

giving shoulder rides:

Little cousin Kinlee did not want her toes to get
nibbled by bulldog "pubbies"

and dancing.  So much dancing:

This is my "Look!  A baby!" face

Sista dancing!

I'm off to the Tetons next week for my Nothwehr grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary, so more family time for me!

In my couple of days at home I wanted to cook as much as possible, so today I made cookies, tried a new zucchini recipe for dinner: http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/1014910/Zucchini-Tian-With-Curried-Bread-Crumbs.html



and am making roasted tomato sauce for tomorrow night, inspired by a delicious supper at my dad's cousin Mary Anne's house (she also took the reception photos).

2 comments:

  1. What do I need to do to get you to make the "Look! A baby!" face at my baby?! So sad I couldn't be at the reception...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make that face every time I see a picture of Dot on Facebook! We'll just have to make our way to Cincinnati sooner rather than later so that we can see her while she still qualifies as a baby.

    ReplyDelete