Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Cleaning

I haven't posted here in a little while, partially because I've been busy, but also partially because I've been eating a lot of junk, and I didn't really want you all to know.  And don't think the two are unrelated.  For example, last week we went camping (otherwise known as eating junk food around a fire pit) in Sonoma County.  A sampling of the food we brought:


Because what's camping without overly processed sticks of "meat"?

Or S'mores (why yes, those marshmallows do have gelatin in them)

I also made zucchini muffins... again

And lest you think I didn't at least nod to healthful eating, I made quinoa
salad with corn, cucumber, snap peas and basil

So after 4 days of camp food, dining out, and wine tasting, as well as an increasing pattern of carb over-consumption, I did what any self-indulgent self-respecting Californian would do: Juice Cleanse!!  

I'm house/dog sitting for my boss who lives up in Marin County this week so I chose Urban Remedy from the plethora of bay area juice companies, because it's only a couple miles from her house.  I picked up my juice after work yesterday, and the cleanse started this morning.  I'm doing a 3-day cleanse, which includes 6 16oz juices a day (that's 288oz total for those who are counting). 

Woah, that's a lot of juice!

I thought it would be fun to blog my experience, so I'm planning on posting each day with the details of that day's juices and any witty banter I can muster.  I may even tally how many times I have to pee.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment